A to Z Challenge

Saturday, October 10, 2015

WeWriWa - a sad song filled the air


Jeepers, Creepers, I've got good reads for your peepers.  Jeepers, Creepers...WeWriWa's the place for your eyes!  Oh I sure do love the month of October and all the fun it entails!  But I also love each and every Sunday, no matter the month.  Because all over the globe, fantastic authors post eight to ten sentences, tidy little snippets of their work, just to share with the likes of you and me.  You never know what kind of clever you will find.  For their are all styles of writing and many different genres to choose from.  So, if you'd like more than my mere share...click the link above.  Trust me, it's like...magic!

I skipped ahead a bit from last week.  I'm still posting from Return of the Crown, just so you can meet Ravyn and Blade in their earlier days.  They have escaped down the cliff and are now heading through the forest. 

As noon neared, a sad song filled the air.  It was unlike anything Ravyn or Blade had ever heard, as if someone were playing a mournful tune on a trumpet.  They followed the music to a clearing in the trees.  The sound rose from a deep pit in the ground.  They leaned forward, peering down.
      A unicorn stallion stood alone, head hung low.  Spying them, the snow-white unicorn tossed its head, the woeful tune changing.  Rising in a wild crescendo, its song shrilled in rage.

So, you've met Ena my favorite dragon in past posts.  Now, you are meeting another friend of mine!  Hope your week has been wonderful.  I've been having fun getting ready for Halloween.  Check out my pumpkin torch project : )

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful snippet, I was there looking down at that magnificent beast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! A unicorn! But it's sad. :-( Hope it'll be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This snippet--and the whole book, has such a great voice. Love the way the song guided them through the snippet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah, a torching pumpkin!! Cool, actually. Too bad I can't do that here but fires in the city are illegal - despite what some of the neighbors think - !

    Somebody trapped that unicorn on purpose, I'm guessing. No one he/she is pissed! You better pick up right from here next week :-D

    It's funny, I'm reading your excerpt and see "unicorn" and it doesn't even startle me, it's just a natural part of the story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pumpkin torch is pretty cool. I lit him in my fire pit, with nothing close by that'll catch fire. Close to the pool in case he got out of control, I'd huck hi. In. But he just sat there well behaved the whole time. And, I'll pick up right here, just for you next week 😉

      Delete
  5. Unicorn! Awesome! I hope they can help him without getting gored.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely way of describing the unicorn' emotions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aurora. The unicorns in Aigerach communicate through the musical sounds their horns make : )

      Delete
  7. Wow, fascinating twist, especially how angry the unicorn gets! Enjoyed the snippet...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trapped in a pit. They'll turn him or her loose, right.? Wonderful snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unicorn! My best! Next to dragons. No mistaking the power and majesty here! I love the use of music, awesome snippet Millie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic snippet, especially the musical unicorn. Well done, Millie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Uh-oh. I think the unicorn believes they're the ones who put him in the pit. They'll have to put together a rescue before the real culprit come back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I'm a little worried about that unicorn. It doesn't seem friendly at all. And that torch is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The above article is nice and interesting, thank you willing to share! Greetings success of admin Jasa Fotocopy Murah 24 Jam wish you deign to visit my website, thank you :)
    1. Jasa Fotocopy 24 Jam
    2. Jasa Fotocopy 24 Jam di Jakarta
    3. Jasa Fotocopy Murah di Jakarta
    4. Jasa Fotocopy Murah 24 di Jakarta

    ReplyDelete