A to Z Challenge

Monday, April 7, 2014

A to Z - Frantic

Mom's and dad's with teens might appreciate this...

It’s 3 a.m.
She should’ve been here ages ago.
Her phone rings and rings, she doesn’t answer my texts.
This isn’t like her, that phone is always in her hand.
Why doesn’t she answer?
She’s been in an accident?  She’s been slipped a rufie?
I look in the mirror, another new gray hair?!
A car door slams, the key turns in the lock!
She peers ‘round the door,

Anger dissolves, my arms open wide, beckoning.

6 comments:

  1. Hi, popping in from A-Z! And you're absolutely right, as a Mum this poem definitely resonates!
    Suzanne @ Suzannes Tribe
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those darn kids...impossible not to worry : )

      Delete
  2. This made me laugh because of the gray hair comment hehe. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, only my hairstylist knows how many I have. And I attribute them all to kids...

      Delete
  3. My heart raced just reading this. I'm only a few years away from this and trying not to think about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much fun Chuck. And even after they leave the house...you worry.

      Delete