A to Z Challenge

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

NaNoWriMo Success!

So, this month has passed in a blur. Words, words, tumbling from my head. A frantic daily push to win that thing called NaNoWriMo. I have to admit, it is worth the mind-numbing frantic finger cramping dash! My sequel has grown a little fatter, and for that I am thankful. I hit over fifty thousand words today around noon. A wave of relief washed over me, I did it! But, sloshing around behind me is a huge pool of words, ready to burst the dam. So damn it, the relief is short-lived.

I'm hoping I learned a little something about writing every day. I'm hoping I'll keep it up. Hope does spring eternal, doesn't it?

The reality of life is, that when there is pressure tremendous things can be done. You do or die! When the pressure is removed, old habits sneak back and it's easy to let the words linger in your mind instead of on paper.

So, I think I may have found a solution. I'm going to keep my Calendar on the month of November. I'll see that eight letter word, my pulse will pound and panic will set in. No, I have at least 1,600 words that have to be written, today! Yes, I'm sure this will work. The stores put up Christmas decorations in November anyhow...it'll be a snap to keep up my illusion.

2 comments:

  1. I think I'd get so much more done with a WriMo every month. There's something about the pressure that keeps me going. I can't wait for JuNoWriMo this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, another month to make myself crazy. I'll have to get in on that too!

    ReplyDelete