A to Z Challenge

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Review: Lunula By Alyssa Auch #BBF

Lunula

By Alyssa Auch

The Book's Blurb: 

 The witch knows he will hunt her.

If history repeats itself, as it always does, Wynn will have no choice but to cross paths with her feared counterpart, the warlock. If given the chance, he would kill Wynn, absorbing her aura and obtaining ultimate power. In a desperate attempt to outrun destiny, Wynn moves from place to place, hoping to stray from the map laid out by the Fates. But by chance, on an urgent errand for Queen Alexandria herself, Wynn finds she has fallen into the hands of the one man she so hopelessly fled from. Now his captive, Wynn must guard her secret and that of her kingdom, or risk bringing forth a dark age not seen in hundreds of years.

My review:  Every 100 years a witch is born.  Every 100 years a warlock is born.  One has the power of the light, the other the dark.  And every 100 years the witch is killed, her powers stolen. Every 100 years!  History always repeats.  Damn, that sucks!

Did I enjoy Lunula?  You bet your sweet bippy I did!  I loved that Wynn, the main character is not perfect.  She makes mistakes.  Which makes it very easy to relate to her.  I like her stubborn disposition, and yet, she is willing to question that which she has been taught her whole life. Gethin is the warlock that Wynn has spent her whole life hiding from.  I enjoyed the interactions between these two characters, Alyssa Auch did a fantastic job with the dialogue.  

This story is in the first person POV.  This is not generally my preferred writing style, but I'll admit that once I settled in to the story, I didn't even think about it.  I enjoyed the clever similes and metaphor's that Alyssa sprinkles throughout the story.  Nicely done!

The descriptions of the scenery and action also well done!  I could easily see the events play out in my minds eye.
  
The end of the book started to stress me out...until I read the epilogue!  Hope reigns eternal!  Yay!  I can't wait for Poltarion's release (sometime this year)!

So to sum it all up...would I recommend it?  Sure would.  

  Alyssa Auch was born and raised in Pennsylvania with loving parents and three hilarious younger siblings. Her imagination was sparked by the lush, green forests and bright colors of her home that often spoke of other worlds only found in the magic of writing. She brought that inspiration into the fantasy novels she so loves to create.

Currently, Alyssa is a senior at Brigham Young University-Idaho studying Marriage and Family Relations with a minor in English. She is married to her High School sweetheart, and they have three beautiful children who keep them both very occupied. Although her novels are often written in the late hours of the night and during cherished naptime blocks, she devotes a very special part of herself to the power of words and love of storytelling.

Lunula Purchase Links

Publisher Site
http://www.caliburnbook.com/

Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Lunula-ebook/dp/B009NINDRC/ref=sr_1_1_bnp_1_kin?ie=UTF8&qid=1374095002&sr=8-1&keywords=Lunula

Barnes and Noble
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/lunula-alyssa-auch/1114110286?ean=2940016079295

Smashwords
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/246157

Author Contact

Blog: http://alyssaauch.blogspot.com

Email: alyssaauch@yahoo.com

Facebook: www.facebook.com/alyssaauchwrites

Twitter: @alyssa_auch

I am also on Goodreads and LinkedIn under my full name, Alyssa Auch

No comments:

Post a Comment