A to Z Challenge

Friday, August 3, 2012

Where do we go from here...

A couple songs just popped into my head this morning as I contemplated where I wanted my blog to take me. Cue the music...

"Where do we go from here? Now that the children are growing up. And how do we spend our lives, if there's no one to lend us a hand? I don't wanna live here no more, I don't wanna stay. Ain't gonna spend the rest of my life, Quietly fading away..."

In my life, my children are growing up(2/3 are over 18), but unlike Alan Parson's Project, I do have helping hands. My family, my friends that I've known throughout my life, and all my new friends that I haved met because of this blogfest, through twitter, and through goodreads. The song doesn't really echo my sentiments as I'm pretty happy where I am right now and excited to be in this little corner of the blogging world. And as for quietly fading away, anyone who knows me realizes it is out of the realm of possiblity for me to do anything quietly. Okay, so weird song choice for describing my hopes for this blog, maybe the next song that popped into my head will be better.

"Where do we go? Where do we go now? (Sweet child) Ooh, where do we go now? --Ai-ee-ai-ee-ai-ee-ai-ee (you get the picture) Sweet child of miiiinnnnneee!"

Guns and Roses knows my writing is sweet to me, first my book and now this blog. Return of the Crown is my baby. Its travels have just begun, but already it's spreading it's wings further than I personally have tread. This week I shipped a copy off to a contest winner in Australia and one in Great Britain. As for this blog, I know that people from all over the world have stopped by and shared some time with me here in this very spot. I know as time slips past as it is sure to do, I will grow in ways I have yet to imagine. The people whose lives cross paths with mine will touch me and leave lasting impressions. I will grow as a writer, as a friend, as a person.

So, Where do we go...I guess wherever the road takes us. I will race along the fast lanes of the information superhighway that helps me glean information. I will throw the top down and follow the curvy mountain roads that take me from blog to blog where I will delight in other's success and share in their hopes and fears. At times, I'll find myself on bumpy roads but I won't let that dishearten me, I'll just get better shocks. If a roadblock pops up, barring my way, I'll put my foot to the gas and crash on through it (I've always wanted to do that, but I'd hate to ding up my car). I guess in short (I know, this was nothing close to short), I'll just keep going. I'm not sure what my destination is, but I know I'm going to have fun getting there.

So to leave off in Piratey fashion as this is the last post in the Buccaneer Blogfest and to go along with the song theme...Pass me that there jug o' rum.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
We pillage and plunder, we rifle and loot.
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.
We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot.
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
We extort and pilfer, we filch and sack.
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.
Maraud and embezzle and even highjack.
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
We kindle and char and inflame and ignite.
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.
We burn up the city, we're really a fright.
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.

We're rascals and scoundrels, we're villians and knaves.
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.
We're devils and black sheep, we're really bad eggs.
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.

We're beggars and blighters and ne'er do-well cads,
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.
Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads,
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.
Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me!

4 comments:

  1. It's been a fun blogfest and it was great to meet you!
    Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mate, it's been fantastic! I'm a priviledged privateer, having met such wonderful authors, such as yourself!

      Delete
  2. Awww it has been a blast, and your book, brilliant I loved it and can't wait for the next one from you. I to found it so hard to send my book out into the world, hopefully it will all go well though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joss, I appreciate that. Just started writing the second book, when I find those little bits of quiet time. It's starting off with a bang! Your book will find a happy place out in this big bad world. It's just what someone somewhere needs, I'm sure of it. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete