A to Z Challenge

Sunday, December 1, 2013

WeWriWa - Not today

I decided I'd better post a little something today, since I have been faithfully posting over the past few months with WeWriWa.  But today, I didn't post eight lines from my WIP or from Return of the Crown, because I will be at work all day, and I don't want to feel pressure to get to everyone's posts.  I will get to as many as I can today, just so I can read all the wonderful tidbits and keep up with the stories I've been enjoying each week.  If you are looking for the link list to find all the literary talent...please click ME!

Today I will post a 75 word flash that I wrote this month.  It's titled Snow Blanket.


The snow falls fast and thick, the world is void of color.  It’s 25 below zero, I think.  Why am I hot?  I fumble with the zipper before slipping off my jacket.  A nippy wind pulls a tear from my eye.  I sigh, sinking down into the soft white fluff.  I’m not supposed to do this, but it feels so good.  I lay back, letting the snow blanket me.  I snuggle in and drift off... 

Hope your Thanksgiving was fantastic and you ate till your buttons near popped off your pants : )

18 comments:

  1. Oh wow. I know what is going to happen unless someone comes and saves her. Nice flash piece! Thanks for coming and visiting my blog even though you're busy. It means a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to keep up with the haps, miss one week and I'll miss the vital clue : )

      Delete
  2. Uh-oh! I'm really hoping for a paranormal, where this kind of behavior is actually perfectly healthy for this particular character? No? Help!

    (I wore sweatpants on Thanksgiving---it's really the only safe choice! :D )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, no help! At least not in these 75 words. Maybe I have to come up with an addendum Flash to save her for you : )

      Delete
  3. Nice piece of flash fiction, Millie! It's tough to do--bring a short piece back around.

    I wore sweatpants, too! lol. Like Cindy said--the only safe choice! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have found flash to be really helpful in word pruning : )

      Delete
  4. wow! that was excellent. I nrmally write in 100 words but to do 75 and done well - hats off to you !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My writing friend Helena Mallett is a pro, and inspired me to give it a shot. It's been fun seeing what can be accomplished in so few words.

      Delete
  5. Not a good idea to drift off... Enjoyed the flash fiction. Thanksgiving was good. I didn't overeat until I had to taste a few of the desserts. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Desserts : ) I always end up eating too many of those. Glad it was wonderful for you!

      Delete
  6. Hmm, this sounds like paradoxical undressing, one of the last stages of hypothermia... o.O Bad things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I was writing 75 word flashes, all random topics, and this just popped out.

      Delete
  7. Beautifully written, Millie. Almost makes me want to step into the great white North today. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wrap up warm and toasty and you should be okay! : )

      Delete
  8. Great job! These are hard to write, but you did it very well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've been having fun writing them, in order to help me pre-edit myself. Keep from writing all the unnecessary fluff to start with. I'm always amazed how much can be conveyed in 75 words.

      Delete
  9. Nice flash piece. Complete yet with possibilities.

    ReplyDelete